Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Pappad – Online Food Delivery App. This page (together with the documents referred to in it) tells you the terms (the “Terms”) which apply when you order any food/product (the “Items”) from our Pappad mobile applications and related services (each referred to as an “Application”).
Please read these Terms carefully before ordering any Items from our Application. If you have any questions relating to these Terms please contact [email protected] before you place an order. By setting up your Pappad account, you confirm that you accept these Terms.
Pappad enables transactions on its Platform between participating restaurants and buyers, dealing in prepared food and beverages ("Platform Services"). The buyers ("Buyer/s") can choose and place orders ("Orders") from a variety of products listed and offered for sale by various merchants including but not limited to the restaurants, eateries and other ("Merchant/s"), on the Platform.
All commercial/contractual terms are offered by and agreed to between Buyers and Merchants alone with respect to products being offered by the Merchants. The commercial/contractual terms include without limitation price, applicable taxes, shipping costs, payment terms, date, period and mode of delivery. Pappad does not have any control or does not determine or advise or in any way involve itself in the offering or acceptance of such commercial/contractual terms between the Buyers and Merchants. Pappad may, however, offer support services to Merchants in respect to Order fulfilment, mode of payment, payment collection, call centre support and other ancillary services, pursuant to independent contracts executed by Pappad with the Merchants. The price of the product and services offered by the Merchant are determined by the Merchant itself and Pappad has no role to play in such determination of price in any way whatsoever.
- The Platform allows the Buyers to place Orders and upon acceptance of such Orders by the Merchants, Pappad will, subject to the terms and conditions set out herein, facilitates delivery of food/beverage.
- All Orders placed on the Platform and Delivery Services will be treated as confirmed.
- However, upon Buyer’s successful completion of booking an Order, we may call the Buyer on the telephone or mobile number provided to confirm the details of such Order, price to be paid and the estimated delivery time. For this purpose, Buyer will be required to share certain information with us, including but not limited to Buyer’s (i) first and last name (ii) mobile number; and (iii) email address. It shall be Buyer’s sole responsibility to bring any incorrect details to our attention.
- In addition to the foregoing, we may also contact you by phone and / or email to inform and confirm any change in the Order, due to availability or unavailability or change in Order or change in price of any item in the Order as informed by the Merchant. Please note that any change or confirmation of the Order shall be treated as final. It is clarified that Pappad reserves the right to not to process Buyer's Order in the event Buyer or Merchant is unavailable on the phone or any other means of communication at the time when we call you for confirming the Order and such event the provisions of the Cancellation and Refund Policy shall be applicable.
- You can pay by (i) credit card or debit card or net banking; or (ii) credit or debit card or cash at the time of delivery. You understand, accept and agree that the payment facility provided by Pappad is neither a banking nor financial service but is merely a facilitator providing an electronic, automated online electronic payment, receiving payment on delivery, collection and remittance facility for the transactions on the Platform using the existing authorized banking infrastructure and credit card payment gateway networks. Further, by providing payment facility, Pappad is neither acting as trustees nor acting in a fiduciary capacity with respect to the transaction or the transaction price.
You agree, undertake and confirm that your use of Platform shall be strictly governed by the following binding principles:
1. You shall not host, display, upload, download, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information which:
- belongs to another person and which you do not have any right to;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, slanderous, criminally inciting or invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatsoever; or unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing including but not limited to "indecent representation of women" within the meaning of the Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act, 1986;
- is misleading or misrepresentative in any way;
- is patently offensive to the online community, such as sexually explicit content, or content that promotes obscenity, paedophilia, racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters", or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- infringes upon or violates any third party's rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, rights of privacy (including without limitation unauthorized disclosure of a person's name, email address, physical address or phone number) or rights of publicity;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or otherwise inappropriate manner or solicits personal information from anyone;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- contains video, photographs, or images of another person (with a minor or an adult);
- tries to gain unauthorized access or exceeds the scope of authorized access to the Platform or to profiles, blogs, communities, account information, bulletins, friend request, or other areas of the Platform or solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
- solicits gambling or engages in any gambling activity which is or could be construed as being illegal;
- interferes with another user's use and enjoyment of the Platform or any third party's user and enjoyment of similar services;
- harm minors in any way;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights or third party's trade secrets or rights of publicity or privacy or shall not be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen products;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee/users about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonate another person;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource; or contains any trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, diminish value of, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any criminal offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation;
- is false, inaccurate or misleading;
- directly or indirectly, offers, attempts to offer, trades or attempts to trade in any item, the dealing of which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline for the time being in force; or
- creates liability for us or causes us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our internet service provider or other suppliers.
2. You shall not use any "deep-link", "page-scrape", "robot", "spider" or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Platform or any Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Platform or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Platform. We reserve our right to prohibit any such activity.
3. You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Platform, or any other systems or networks connected to the Platform or to any server, computer, network, or to any of the services offered on or through the Platform, by hacking, "password mining" or any other illegitimate means.
4. You shall not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Platform or any network connected to the Platform nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Platform or any network connected to the Platform. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of or visitor to Platform, or any other Buyer, including any account on the Platform not owned by you, to its source, or exploit the Platform or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Platform, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than your own information, as provided for by the Platform.
5. You shall not make any negative, denigrating or defamatory statement(s) or comment(s) about us or the brand name or domain name used by us including the name 'Pappad', or otherwise engage in any conduct or action that might tarnish the image or reputation, of Pappad or Merchant on platform or otherwise tarnish or dilute any Pappad's trade or service marks, trade name and/or goodwill associated with such trade or service marks, as may be owned or used by us. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Platform or Pappad's systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to Pappad.
6. You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Platform or any transaction being conducted on the Platform, or with any other person's use of the Platform.
7. You may not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send to us on or through the Platform or any service offered on or through the Platform. You may not pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
9. You shall at all times ensure full compliance with the applicable provisions, as amended from time to time, of (a) the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the rules thereunder; (b) all applicable domestic laws, rules and regulations (including the provisions of any applicable exchange control laws or regulations in force); and (c) international laws, foreign exchange laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations (including, but not limited to sales tax/VAT, income tax, octroi, service tax, central excise, custom duty, local levies) regarding your use of our service and your listing, purchase, solicitation of offers to purchase, and sale of products or services. You shall not engage in any transaction in an item or service, which is prohibited by the provisions of any applicable law including exchange control laws or regulations for the time being in force.
The Buyer agrees and acknowledges that Pappad shall not be responsible for:
- The services or goods provided by the Merchants including but not limited to serving of food Orders suiting your requirements and taste;
- The Merchant's services or goods, or services provided by delivery agents not being up to Buyer expectations or leading to any loss, harm or damage to him/her;
- The availability or unavailability of certain items on the menu;
- The Merchant serving the incorrect Orders; or
- Product liability of goods provided by Merchants.
The details of the menu and price list available on the Platform with respect to restaurant services, goods or any other services are based on the information provided by the Merchants and Pappad shall not be responsible for any change or cancellation or unavailability.
Buyers and Merchants agree and acknowledge that Pappad is not responsible for any liability arising out of delivery services provided to them. Buyers may not be able to avail Services if their delivery location is outside Pappad’s current scope of Service. Pappad will keep the Buyer informed of the same at the time of confirming his/her Order booking.
Buyer understands that delivery time quoted at the time of confirming the Order is an approximate estimate and may vary based on the information obtained from Delivery agents and Merchants. Pappad will not be responsible for any delay in the delivery of an Order. Buyer understands that there are certain Merchants who undertake delivery of their goods and services to the Buyer and the Merchant may charge the Buyer for such service. Pappad exercises no control on such delivery services and same shall be under the control of Merchant alone and hence all or any disputes arising out of such delivery services shall be between Buyer and Merchant alone. Pappad shall not be responsible for such delivery services and assumes no liability for disputes arising out of the same.
Buyer’s Order will be only delivered to the address designated by him/her at the time of placing the Order on the Platform. Buyer’s Order will be cancelled in the event of any change of the address as informed by the Delivery agent and Buyer shall not be entitled to any refund for the same. Delivery of goods and services in the event of change of the delivery location shall be subject to acceptance by the Delivery agent or sole discretion of Pappad. The Buyer shall undertake to provide adequate directions, information and authorisations to accept delivery. In the event of no delivery due to any act or omission attributable to Buyer, the goods or services shall be deemed to have been delivered to the Buyer and all risk and responsibility in relation thereto shall pass to the Buyer without being entitled to any refund.
The Buyer understands that Pappad’s (including Merchant’s and Delivery agent’s) liability ends once Order has been delivered to him/her, except where the product liability of the Merchant subsists.
- Buyer shall be required to provide credit or debit card details to the approved payment gateways while making the payment on the Platform. In this regard, Buyer agrees to provide correct and accurate credit/ debit card details to the approved payment gateways for availing the Services. Buyer shall not use the credit/ debit card which is not lawfully owned by Buyer, i.e. in any transaction, Buyer must use his/her own credit/ debit card. The information provided by the Buyer will not be utilized or shared with any third party unless required in relation to fraud verifications or by law, regulation or court order. Buyer shall be solely responsible for the security and confidentiality of his/her credit/ debit card details. We expressly disclaim all liabilities that may arise as a consequence of any unauthorized use of your credit/ debit card.
Pappad does not offer any refunds against goods or services already purchased from a Merchant through the Platform unless an error that is directly attributable to Pappad has occurred during the purchase of such product or services. We constantly strive to provide you with accurate information on the Platform. However, in the event of an error, we may, in our sole discretion, contact you with further instructions. Buyer agrees that the Services shall be provided through the Platform only during the working hours of the relevant Merchants and Delivery agents.
You agree and grant permission to Pappad to receive promotional SMS and e-mails from Pappad or allied partners. In case you wish to opt out of receiving promotional SMS or email please send a mail to [email protected]
By using the Platform you represent and warrant that:
- All registration information you submit is truthful, lawful and accurate and that you agree to maintain the accuracy of such information.
- Your use of the Platform shall be solely for your personal use and you shall not authorize others to use your account, including your profile or email address and that you are solely responsible for all content published or displayed through your account, including any email messages, and your interactions with other users and you shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and foreign laws, treaties and regulations, including those related to data privacy, international communications and the transmission of technical or personal data.
- You will not post, submit, upload, distribute, or otherwise transmit or make available any software or other computer files that contain a virus or other harmful component, or otherwise impair or damage the Platform or any connected network, or otherwise interfere with any person or entity's use or enjoyment of the Platform.
- You will not use another person's username, password or other account information, or another person's name, likeness, voice, image or photograph or impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity.
- You will not engage in any form of antisocial, disrupting, or destructive acts, including "flaming," "spamming," "flooding," "trolling," and "griefing" as those terms are commonly understood and used on the Internet.
- You will not discriminate against any Merchants, Buyers or Delivery agents based on race, religion, caste, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, gender identity, age or any other metric which is deemed to be unlawful under applicable laws. Any credible proof of such discrimination, including any refusal to provide or receive goods or services based on the above metrics, whether alone or in conjunction with any other metric, whether lawful or unlawful, shall render you liable to lose access to the Platform immediately. You will not have any claim towards, and we will not have any liability towards any termination which is undertaken as a result of the aforementioned event.
- You will not delete or modify any content of the Platform, including but not limited to, legal notices, disclaimers or proprietary notices such as copyright or trademark symbols, logos, that you do not own or have express permission to modify.
- You will not post or contribute any information or data that may be obscene, indecent, pornographic, vulgar, profane, racist, sexist, discriminatory, offensive, derogatory, harmful, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, malicious, abusive, hateful, menacing, defamatory, untrue or political or contrary to our interest.
- You shall not access the Platform without authority or use the Platform in a manner that damages, interferes or disrupts:
- any part of the Platform or the Platform software; or
- any equipment or any network on which the Platform is stored or any equipment of any third party
- Please use caution and practice safe trading when using the Platform.